Last Updated: October 15, 2018
Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement as it relates to the company itself. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or when contacting us with questions or further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we shall clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will/may be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or Services or be able to access and use the Website or Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through the registration process, communications with you (phone, email, etc), service purchases, user support and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature that is not capable of being linked to an identifiable individual, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website when the foregoing is not linked to a specific individual. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (such as average age or geographical location of our users/visitors, as examples), number of visitors, what page(s) users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Personal Information Collected: ButcherBox.ca collects the following types of Personal Information from users who register for the Services for the purposes more specifically set out below:
- first name;
- last name;
- full address;
- phone number (home and/or cell);
- email address;
- credit card and billing information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration: In order to purchase our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address, phone number, credit card and email address. We offer users the option to login using a social networking site (“SNS”) such as Facebook or Twitter. If you use an SNS login, we will collect only the information we require for registration, but we will not collect any other Personal Information such as friends’ lists or photos. Your account registration information will not be shared with any other users of the Website or our Services.
- Provision of the Services: ButcherBox.ca uses your name and address to deliver the products you order through the Services.
- Personalization of the Services: In addition to the Personal Information required to administer your account, ButcherBox.ca may collect demographic information such as age and household members to in order provide relevant order suggestions for your meat deliveries, cooking tips, blog ideas, etc.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications or we otherwise have your implied consent, we will keep you up to date on our products and services with electronic marketing. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our customer service team at 1 (905) 593-2648.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services used through the Website, including order types by demographic and location. We use this information to improve the Services and available products. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that constitute Non-Personal Information will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We promise to employ any and all commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We undertake rigorous technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination and sharing of any of your Personal Information to only such staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general accounting of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you if you request explanation. We shall endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with the technology, access and mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate, required or needed. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to only those parties to whom we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate and up-to-date Personal Information about our customers enables us to provide the best possible service and experience.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at: 1 (905) 593-4232