Coming from chickens that are free range, uncaged, raised without added hormones, steroids or antibiotics, our air chilled chicken thighs are the best Ontario poultry farms have to offer. This is a favourite item for grilling, but also for slow cooker dishes (chicken cacciatore), roasting (paprika chicken), soups and stews.
All of our poultry is air chilled, this is the safest, healthiest, cleanest way to process the chicken. There is no contact between the birds, so no cross contamination can occur. The birds are chilled using air chambers, not water, so no water is absorbed and there is no chlorine or bleach used, as there is when chicken is water chilled. While air chilling takes more time and is a more costly method, we firmly believe it is the best chicken you will ever taste. This is the way chicken should be!
Cooking tip – bone in poultry tends to stay juicier, so is often preferred and recommended for stewing, roasting and braising.
Keto Garlic Greek Chicken Thighs
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, ends removed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Whisk until combined then add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken skin-side down and pour in the remaining marinade.
- Sear until the skin becomes golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Flip chicken and add asparagus, zucchini and lemons to the skillet.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.